Thursday, April 22, 2010

Everything Glorious



I've heard this song now many times.  However, for the longest time I've not really listened to the words well enough to get David Crowder's point in the song.  He's making a really simple logical statement, though he's leaving out the final part for us to figure out ourselves.  Here's how it works:

God makes everything glorious

I belong to God

therefore

God is making me glorious, too

Now, this is super-simple, but profound.  I know this is a common thought/feeling among Christians, but I all too often feel like complete scum - sinful, broken, useless.  There is some truth in such thoughts, but God is doing something different with each of His children, which makes all the difference.  Be reminded today that God really does do all things well, included building you and me up into a glorious representation of Himself to the world!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow. You blogged. I found it thanks to Google reader. I like this song too!

Lydia said...

This is an awesome song, and I agree: awesome message. I like DC's lyrics.